Jersey PT was founded by long-time friends Marc Rubenstein and Geoffrey Hunt as well as their wives Melinda Rubenstein and Jennifer Hunt in December 2002. These four physical therapists saw patients in the home and this led to the opening of the Kendall Park location in 2002. Sean Moore joined the practice in 2004 as a partner and opened the Milltown location in 2006. Marc Rubenstein then opened the Plainsboro in 2012.
Long-time Staff (over 10 years each)
- Annette Tumulak has been the office manager of Jersey PT since soon after the start of the practice for almost 20 years!
- Avani Shah has been with the practice as a physical therapy aide since 2003 and now as a physical therapist since 2007.
- Anne Oanessa has been focused on billing and collections for the business for approximately 17 years.
- Mike Atzert, a physical therapy assistant, has been with the business almost 17 years!
- Melissa Knight has been with the practice for 13 years, Gia Somogyi for 11 years and Debbie Hynes 10 years. They have all been integral to the front desk operations as well as billing.
We would not have made it to 20 years without the help of an amazing staff, many of them who have been with us more than 10 years. They have worked countless hours, assisted numerous patients and given their love and support to help build our community-based business.
We would also like to thank all of our referral sources– physicians and patients who have recommended us to their network. We are so grateful for you!
Finally, we would be remiss if we didn’t thank our patients, families and friends– all of whom have supported us throughout the last 20 years. It has been our pleasure to serve you!
Some Amazing Statistics!
- Approximately 40K patients have been served over our 20 years between our four locations.
- Approximately 100 full and part-time individuals have been employed over 20 years. We thank both those employees still currently working with us and those who have moved on to other employment/phases of their lives.
- 4 physical locations – South Brunswick, East Brunswick, Plainsboro, satellite at Oakwoods, low income senior housing
- 20 years of home care physical therapy
- Telehealth physical therapy since the pandemic
- 8 Pajama Drives for Hugs for Brady, kids battling cancer at the Bristol Myers Squibb/RWJ Children’s Hospital
- Multiple food drives
- Multiple community education seminars on physical therapy and health related issues at senior centers, office locations, virtual
- Multiple free screenings for balance, arthritis and more at senior centers in the communities we serve.
- Sponsorship for multiple sports teams and causes near-and-dear to our heart such as the Reeve Foundation/Eric LeGrand and the Hugs for Brady.